Tuesday, March 31, 2009

working girl

pants (Reitmans); top (Winners); clear bead necklace (Banana Republic); pearl studs (gifted); black wedges (Winners)

Working Girl is one of my favourite movies ever! I had some meetings this morning and when walking back to my office with my trench and carrier bag - I caught a glimpse of myself in a window and the image of Melanie Griffith popped into my head! Umm, I look nothing like Melanie Griffith - I have dark brown eyes, dark brown hair, shorter, curvier...but I looked very 'working girl', plus, it was on tv over the weekend :)

The concert was amazing! Even better than the one I saw in the fall. What was hilarious though is that women were throwing their panties and bras on stage at the guys - even some flashing going on. This didn't even happen at Motley Crue when Tommy Lee came on stage. All those pent-up teen hormones must have been out in spades! Too funny!

I have more bridal shower shopping to do tonight. While I like the idea of a gift registry, I often find myself shopping outside of the suggested for a couple of reasons - I know the bride personally so I can find her something else she would like, and, more importantly, I can usually find items for much less than the retail price. And saving money is the name of the game, especially when for one bride there is an engagement party, bridal shower, stag and doe, bachelorette party and the wedding. Then multiply that same scenario by 4 and that's what my summer looks like. Truth be told, I'd rather spend my money on what I'm going to wear....

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment