Wednesday, April 1, 2009

happy month

black pants (Reitmans); turtleneck (GAP); white tunic/dress (Costa Blanca); purple belt (San Francisco); pearl studs (gifted); black heels (Winners); bow headband (Dynamite)

In Greek, we say 'Happy Month' (it loses something in the english translation) on the 1st of every month. It's for luck and to bring prosper for any task to be done over the next 30 or so days.

I am taking this opportunity to go on a wild savings spree. Shop in my closet as many of the bloggers I read have been, and also just not shop at all. I don't 'need' for anything and I've become pretty good at changing up my wardrobe with inspiration from so many sources. Summer will be here before I know it and Greece is calling my name...plus, my travel agent called me today with a lower price for my ticket and that kinda kick-started the need for me to save even more than I have been. Somewhere in between paying for all the wedding bonanzas going on, as well as the regular bills and such, I will find extra cash to shop in Europe. They have the best shoes...and frankly, I am all about the shoes! And I want to spend a week on an island on my behind doing nothing. That prospect excites me even more than shoes.

I also found out that in French April Fool's Day is called 'Poisson d'Avril' which loosely means April Fish. I had never heard this expression before in all of my 30 years and I was even partly educated in French. Too funny! Kids would spend the morning making paper fishes and then sticking them on other's backs without them knowing. I used to do that with Post-Its. Rebel. I know.

*hugs*


No comments:

Post a Comment