Wednesday, April 8, 2009

my bus driver


grey pants (Laura); blue top (Smart Set); black tank (Fairweather); navy shoes (Winners); silver bangle (Club Monaco); drop earrings (Tristan)

My face usually reads like a book. I have puppy dog eyes when I'm sad; they shine when I'm happy and I scowl when I'm frustrated. Needless to say I'm not a good poker player. I get too excited with a good hand and give it all away! Today is a frustrating day at work and so far most of my coworkers have apporached me to ask what's wrong and I hadn't even spoken a word yet.
I used to hate that everyone could read my emotions but after working at a children's hospital - I don't mind so much anymore. I'm a good, empathetic, happy person and usually I make everyone feel better about their day and themselves. I guess it's only right that I let it happen for me too.

I split my commute to work - either drive or take the bus - depending on my work schedule and meeting with sponsors and such. I don't mind taking the bus. The route isn't too long and I can get some reading done that I often find I don't have much time for otherwise. The driver on my first bus is a singing bus driver. I love it! Not everyone shares my joy it seems. This morning he announced that if anyone doesn't want him to sing, to please tell him when they board the bus and he won't sing for the stretch of road that he usually does. It was the saddest thing I think I've heard in a really long time. Who takes offence to a sweet older gentleman who sings these happy-go-lucky songs for all of 6 minutes on a long farm road?!?! I don't think I will ever understand mankind. Fortunately for this driver, many people on the bus felt the same as me and we encouraged him to sing his tune. He always gets a small round of applause and everyone on the bus is smiling after they leave. Why would anyone not want to start their day that way?

So, I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog about the clothing choices I make, I am dedicating today's blog to him - and to the other people in this world who try to make everyday a little bit of a nicer place. I hope you all enjoy a day full of song yourselves!

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment