Thursday, April 9, 2009

i, um, have a bf

jeans (GAP); sweater (Simons); tank (Fairweather); booties (Payless); pearl studs (gifted)

The office came out in spades today for the egg-decorating contest! I'm so proud of them! I feel like a mom. We only have one prize pack though, for which I feel bad, but that was what we decided and in life sometimes there's just one winner. I think I just take these things too personally and seriously. I need to get over it hehehehe

In addition to showing you my outfit choices everyday, you will also occasionally read about my dating escapades now that I am in the real wide world of having to date again. I've never really dated - I always just got into relationships. So, this is kinda fun. Sometimes. Let me tell you about this new one...about a week ago my sister took me to a gym class with her since she had a free pass. We spotted this super cute guy on a treadmill and we had been discussing what kinds of moves to make on guys (we're liberal females and it doesn't always have to be up to the guy, right?) So, she says you should just give him your number. I was soooo nervous. And honestly thought I was going to vomit - and I hadn't even done anything yet! In the end, I did it. I approached the treadmill because he was on cool down and had jotted my initial 'V' and cell number on a piece of paper and said 'call me!' with a huge grin on my face. He looked perplexed and I left still with the vomit in my throat but also a good odd feeling that I had done it. My sister couldn't even believe it!

On the way home we discussed it and then doubts started creeping into my head. What if he has a girlfriend and she's the one who calls me to b*tch-slap me for trying to steal her man. What if he thought I was horrid-looking. Oh well. What's done is done. And I honestly had forgotten about it because I never go to her gym to workout.
Last night, he texted me! And this is what it said....

"Hi, V. Sorry it took so long for me to contact you - I'm super flattered and think we should get together for a coffee. You should know however that I, um, have a bf."

What if he is gay - that possibility never crossed my mind. So, I wrote back with um, are you serious? You can be straight up with me - I won't be offended. To which he replied, definitely. We should meet for coffee - you seem fun! I'm impressed you had the gazangas to approach me.

I've decided to actually meet him for coffee...he's super cute in any case, but most of all because he used 'gazangas' in a sentence! I love that!

Sigh. The mistrials and mistribulations of my love life.
Have a great weekend...it's a super long one for me! I have been waiting for this week to end and am so happy it's almost over. Happy Easter!

*hugs*

2 comments:

  1. A gay guy friend is almost better than a boyfriend! Then you have someone to be honest with you when you ask if your butt looks big in a certain pair of pants. Ha! Too funny and thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoy your coffee!

    Also, don't let this scare you from being courageous next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Kimberly...don't let this scare you for the next time! And you have great stories...love them, outfit is great too! Have a good coffee date!

    ReplyDelete