Wednesday, March 25, 2009

mon obsession du jour

(from the top) Zoran Dobric; Nada; Carlie Wong

Canadian Designers = Current Obsession.

I was watching segments from Toronto's Fashion Week over the weekend and they were showcasing their Fall/Winter 2009 Collections (my favourite time of year!) and there are so many outstanding Canucks making their mark in the fashion world - I love it!

I am extremely proud to be a Canadian. I have discovered in some of my more recent jaunts around the city, a few boutiques carrying exclusively Canadian clothiers and jewellers and it's refreshing to be able to support the arts in your country. Fashion is definitely in the arts category and whereas years ago it would have been extremely difficult to find a department store that may carry a few pieces of something a Canadian created, now I can find an entire shop of items to choose from.

This doesn't take away any of the choices I can get from my friends across the border - but there is something to be had if I'm ever asked the question "Who are you wearing?" and I can reply "oh so-and-so, a fantastic Canadian designer".

*double hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment