Tuesday, March 3, 2009

lace and leather...nothing's better

Lace skirt (Suzy Shier); black turtleneck (GAP); jacket (Laura); black heels (Winners); black tights (Shoppers Drug Mart); chain necklace (Reitmans); silver hoop earrings (Laura); eyeglasses (Gucci)

Day 2 of my self-imposed challenge of no black pants. Instead, a black skirt. I'm making it work!

Tomorrow may be a little harder as I have meetings all day so I need to re-think the classic black suit I'd usually wear...

We had some yummy cake for my mom's birthday last night, and watched The Bachelor with half the world. I don't ever watch this show but my mom has been following it and it was her night so we obliged. It was a little crazy how The Bachelor switched gears but guess you can't blame him - it is his life and these things do happen in real life as well. His dirty laundry just gets to be aired in front of millions of Americans. Sucks to be him right now. I bet there are women out there hoping he falls into a ditch.

Speaking of ditches...backing out of the driveway this morning, I nearly rear-ended my sister who was backing out first. She had stopped for a pedestrian and I usually am more vigilant but obviously wasn't paying attention. That was near casualty number 1. The second near-casualty of the morning was in a mall parking lot where I dropped off my brother to catch the bus and a car peeled out of its spot and zoomed in front of me. Number 3 came when I stopped for my morning Starbucks and at the turning light, the gentleman in front of me made a left turn and an immediate right turn so quickly that I thought I was going to hit him. These things come in 3's...I hope those were mine. Pray for me.

As a closing thought for this sun shining Tuesday morning, go see Slumdog Millionaire. Do it.

*hugs*


No comments:

Post a Comment