Friday, March 20, 2009

power to the flower

dark denim (GAP); cream top (Banana Republic); flower heels (Spring); drop earrings (Reitmans); flower bracelet (H&M)

The flowers are aligning for me today...a gracious stranger bought me a coffee, I found a parking spot close to my building, I am having a catered lunch and dinner, the sun is shining, and life is beautiful.

I have the wedding of some close friends on Sunday and all weekend the weather is supposed to be glorious. Winter is over my friends and I am delighting in that notion. I don't like summer clothes though - I'm not one to bare arms but I'm getting better at liking mine and more confident in nature...I hope. I love skirts and wedge shoes ~ oh, and gladiator sandals so it really looks like I enjoy dressing for summer. If I force myself into the moment, I will learn to like it. That's what I did with winter too. I forced myself out on sunny days to do activities in the hopes it would feel as though it was passing faster - and it kinda did. Kinda.

My challenge for the upcoming months is to banish black and be happy with me. I've never been one to back away from a challenge :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

*hugs*

5 comments:

  1. You deserve some niceness after your date the other night! Love the flower accents! I need to go to H&M and see what kind of fun, springy accessories they have. Its been a couple of weeks since my last visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have an H&M in Ottawa, so every few weeks I make a trip to Montreal (about a 2 hour drive) to check out their stock. Such a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit...cute top! Good challenge on being happy with yourself...it takes time and patience, but you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love weddings, hope you have lots of fun! Love that white blouse!

    ReplyDelete