Monday, March 30, 2009

new.kids.on.the.block.

skirt (GAP); turtleneck (GAP); black tank (Fairweather); purple tights (Addition Elle); black bead necklace (Banana Republic); pearl studs (gifted); black heels (Winners)

This is exactly what I look like today! Mind you I'm not so gargantuan in stature but the Polyvore outfit actually does my real outfit justice. And...I'm rocking the purple tights! I bought them a couple of weeks ago and they are so soft - I know I'm not too rebellish with the all-black ensemble but baby steps, plus, my office leans more toward the corporate so I don't want to shock everyone. Mondays are bad enough. In fact, I think my purple will brighten their day.

Tonight is the NKOTB concert! I saw them in September and am so psyched to see them again tonight! I wasn't allowed to attend concerts when I was a kid so I'm reliving my youth. The entire stadium is filled with 25 - 45 year old women. It's awesome! I'll just be swapping my skirt for some jeans. Comfort is key...with a little chic thrown in.

My weekend was fantastic! It started with attending a dance club that now opens on Fridays and they were mixing down 90s music all night - along with $5 drinks. Fantastical. The best part is that the club only had like a dozen people in it (the new night is really very new) and we had the entire club to ourselves. Plus, got to schmooze with the night managers so now we have an 'in' for their super busy Saturday nights. It pays to love 90s music. Well, I think so :)

I took my campers out to the movies this weekend. Saw Monsters vs Aliens in 3D. So cool. The 5-year-old brother of my camper tells me in a not-so-quiet voice that he and his sisters don't like Hannah Montana (this came after we just see a HM commercial). Before I can ask why he says she does bad things with boys. Whoa. I think half the theatre turned around to see where the comment had come from and I had to bite the inside of my cheek to not burst out in laughter! Out of the mouth of babes, right?

*hugs*


2 comments:

  1. Have an awesome time at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the concert....it's going to be sooo much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete