Thursday, March 19, 2009

even better than black and white

trouser jeans (Reitmans); zebra top (Winners); black tank (Fairweather); black belt (Suzy Shier); grey wedges (Winners); silver bangle (Club Monaco); silver hoops (Laura); bag (gifted)

What's better than black and white you say? Black and cream. I love the richness and warmth that comes from that colour combination. I commented the other day how I'm not a fan of yellow/orange with black because I think it looks too costumey, but when paired with grey...why, it looks wonderfully chic!

So, I had a date last night. Don't yippee yet.

A friend set me up with a mutual acquaintance thinking we'd get along famously. This morning I sent her an email expressing my interest in what ways she thinks we'd get along...I'll tell you why...He cooked dinner for me at his house. Very sweet and not a bad cook. I excused myself to the little girl's room before dessert - I came back into the living room and there was my date in all his naked glory. That's right folks - n.a.k.e.d. Now, I didn't feel threatened or anything in this situation (and I trust my gut); it was just oddly strange and super weird. No other way around it. I kindly asked him to put his clothes back on all the while running our dinner conversation in my head trying to figure out what messages I sent him and how he got the idea to remove his clothing. Perhaps he overheated; obviously he is very confident in nature. The kicker folks? I stayed for hot chocolate because I didn't know what else to do. I did however down that hot chocolate in 2 gulps and excused myself for the night. Welcome to the wide world of dating. Sigh.

Needless to say, I now have a story for the masses. That's me - always looking on the positive side of things...my world is never just black and white. There's a lot of cream thrown in for good measure.

*hugs*


5 comments:

  1. Holy crap! That is something straight out of a movie/TV show. Did you friend even have words when you told her what went down?
    As for your outfit - I love black and white/cream. Such a good, classic combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, I am SUPER IMPRESSED. I would've either burst out laughing or booked outta there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like the episode from How I Met Your Mother...some guy did this to Robin!!! This is craziness and you are way, way too kind...I would have laughed too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! hahaha I have some crazy stories too, but that one tops the list!

    Good for you for trusting your gut. Maybe your zebra print shirt brought out the animal in him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My set-up friend couldn't believe it! She only knows his socially and never would have guessed at his behaviour.

    I was holding back the laughter so much I thought my cheeks were going to burst!

    I have been told I'm way too kind...I honestly just felt bad for the guy! That's why I stayed for a brief moment longer.

    I still don't believe that it happened sometimes...especially because now when I think about it, the image in my mind becomes an animation! heheeheh

    ReplyDelete