Monday, March 2, 2009

picture perfect in purple

Tweed pants (Laura); Purple top (Walmart); black tank (Fairweather); brown and pink pumps (Winners); pearl studs (gifted); vintage-inspired ring (gifted)

My self-imposed challenge this week will be to try and not wear black pants. They are definitely a staple in my wardrobe and I have several different kinds of black pants (wide-leg, skinny leg, low-waist, high-waist, suit, etc) Today I am fashioning a tweed pair that are purple. They are super long and I always forget to hem them - my secret? Duct tape. I have turned many a girlfriend with long jeans onto the power of the sticky grey beauty. When I discovered that they come in mini-size at my local hardware store, I stocked up! They are great in a fashion emergency...real life emergency too.

My weekend was busy. I took Saturday afternoon for myself and shopped 'til I dropped a bit of cash. I ended up with tons of cute (and cheap) buys, plus 3 pair of shoes! One pair is a yellow pair of heels. I bought these last year and wore them out! I have been waiting for the store to bring them back and they did - so I jumped. I also bought 2 pairs of gladiator sandals - one's a snakeskin pair and the other is black leather with studs. I love rock glam! I'm hoping to channel it. Or try to channel it.

I'm going to take a second and talk about Payless. Now, I love Payless. My shoe obsession began with a pair I purchased at Payless. However, I walked in there on the weekend to check out some shoes that other bloggers have posted about. I found them - and then some! What bugged me wasn't the amazing selection that they now have - many designers are creating collections for Payless - but the prices made my jaw dropped. Literally I stood in the 81/2 aisle with my mouth agape. Shoes for $60. Nothing in the spring selection for less than $40. I'm no cheapskate - love a good deal - but what the heck is with the price increase? The quality hasn't changed all that much. Shoes still squeak; it isn't real leather; the synthetic materials make the foot sweaty and stinky. I do adore Payless but I'm not paying less. Especially when I also shopped at a boutique moments before and found quality shoes on regular price for much less.

It's just a little too crazy for me. I will still shop there but will be waiting for BOGO and for clearance.

To end on a positive note, it's my mom's 51st birthday today! We threw her a surprise bash last year for her 50th and she still talks about it today for which I am thrilled! Nothing like a good party for the ages :)

*hugs*


1 comment:

  1. Love this outfit and I 100% agree on wtf is up with Payless and paying $40 for a pair of shoes there? Uh, no. I can find deals, discounts, and sales at Ross, Macy's, Marshall's, etc for way less than $40!

    ReplyDelete