Monday, February 2, 2009

C'est lundi!


Even though the sun is shining and it's warmer today...I'm pretty much covered in grey! The cream top in the polyvore is actually a light grey in real life. Grey day. But I feel very non-grey :)

My weekend started off with MAJOR work stress. One of my portfolios was having their annual black tie gala and we have awards for the major donors and my awards guy got sick and was in the hospital! I had to think up a plan b FAST and then deliver all the goods to the gala. Needless to say, all got done but not without my heart skipping a few beats.

I also curled for the first time yesterday. It was a TON of fun - the only injury was spraining my pinky. It's growing bigger by the minute...I probably can't go boxing tonight. I also shopped quite a bit. First, I discovered Joe Fresh. Have you seen this line? One of our grocery store chains carries it and I bought myself a black boyfriend cardigan for $16 and a 40's style dress for $9. Then I hit up Winners which is my favourite store in the universe and bought 3 pairs of shoes and a purse. All Nine West for under $200. I wish I could post real pictures...in theory I could have bought a camera with the same amount of money but these shoes are awesome! And the best part is that they are different and not too many other people will have them. One of my pet peeves is everyone looking the same and carrying the same purses and wearing the same tops. It's why I love Winners so much - there are very few multiples of an item so not many people will be wearing it.

*hugs*

2 comments:

  1. I wish they had Joe Fresh in the States. A lot of Canadians sport it regularly on Flickr's Wardrobe Remix and everything is so cute and nicely priced. One of the gals did mail me a cute green belt from that line, so I am not completely missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non, c'est mardi!!
    Hi, I'm a French blogger who just happened to visit your blog, and saw your opening line!
    In fact I'm looking for people to share their opinion about "The kite runner". Have you read it?
    Thanks
    yves

    ReplyDelete