Friday, February 20, 2009

inspiration


I usually end up at work about a 1/2 hour before my 'scheduled' working hours of 9 - 5. I used to read the newspaper online but over the past few months, I've filled that 1/2 hour (occasionally more eek!) with blogs...and I love it! They've given such inspiration...some of it apparent in my photos but mainly, I'm inspired that people love dressing as much as I do and it gets me excited.
I have been thinking of challenging myself next week. Not sure whether it'll be layering, or colour, or what...but it'll force me to use more pieces in my existing wardrobe. Gotta admit though - since I've started blogging, I have yet to duplicate a work outfit. And usually if I'm too tired in the morning (almost always) I would just throw on pants and a sweater. I almost feel accountable to the blog to come up with something different. That's a good thing :)
Today's outfit consists of jeans (Banana Republic); black top and tank (GAP); grey vest (Costa Blanca); grey booties (Payless); jewellery (gifted).
I'll be shopping with a friend tomorrow and I'm going to go with a mission. I'll be creating a list to search for a couple of specific pieces to add to my wardrobe. I love the look of a button-down blouse but I am 'well-endowed' in the chest area and find it difficult to a) find one that doesn't cause button gap mid-chest and b) find one that fits me proportionally when I tuck it into pants. I really want to be able to tuck it into my pants.
*hugs*

1 comment: