Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the letter 'N'

So, I love those quizzes where you have to answer questions...like favourite season (autumn), favourite colour (red), favourite sexual position....umm, yeah you get the picture....

Kimberly tagged me to discuss 10 things I love beginning with a random letter...mine is the letter 'N'.

Here goes....'n'othing...heheheh

1. Nibs - and any other type of red licorice. It's my candy of choice (and low in calories!)
2. Nail polish - I love manicures! I only recently started getting them and the weird thing is that I hate having nail polish on my hands (when it chips I think it looks ugly) but I love the look of a well manicured and polished hand.
3. Name - mine. I love my name. It's Vaia. It never rhymed with anything as a kid so no one really ever made fun of it. One kid tried one day calling me 'Vaia, violin' and the lunch lady laughed at him.
4. Negativity - I am an optimist. Cheery and happy. I try and see the good things in everyone and truly believe there is a beauty to everyone. I abhor negativity and feel bad for people who relish in making others unhappy.
5. Nesting - I love snuggling and being at home. While I don't always think I'll make a good wife and mother, deep down in my heart I hope I do.
6. Networking - I am trying to get better at this. I am an outgoing person but I'm quiet and shy sometimes. I try really hard to strike up conversations with strangers though and have been thinking of joining Toastmasters to help me with my skills.
7. New Years Eve - I hate this holiday. I love Christmas and New Years Day is fine but NYE is totally overrated and am not a fan of it. This past year, I was in bed by 11 pm. Some call that sad; I call those people dumb :)
8. Northern Greece - is where both my parents are from. My mom was born in Canada and my dad came here to visit his cousin. They met, fell in love and 3 months later were wed. 32 years later still going strong. I will be visiting both sides of my family this summer when I go to Greece!
9. Neatness - I have a slight self-diagnosed case of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). I like things neat. My clothes washed and steamed; dishes washed and put away; a toilet seat so clean you could eat off it....you know, that kind of stuff.
10. New clothes - I may be cheating with this one but I love new things! Especially new clothes and accessories! It feels like September and school is starting and we're back to school shopping - even in March!

*double hugs*

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job with your letter N! It is always so fun reading things like this - it's nice to get to "know you" better!

    ReplyDelete