Monday, February 23, 2009

the shoes that changed my world


Do you remember the pivotal moment in your fashion life, when you discovered how much you truly love fashion? Mine came when I bought a pair of red heels. They were from Payless when Payless first came on the scene. Deep red; heels slightly thicker than a stiletto; slits around the peep-toe area; and a red leather flower to the side of the toes. These shoes started my love for, not only shoes, but dressing as a whole. They were the first pair that were different than a regular heel and everyone - even strangers - complimented me on the rare find. When the heel broke (and I had yet to make friends with a shoe-mender) I was heart-broken. My mom found me the exact same pair a year later and we were together once again.
I was thinking about that life changing moment this past weekend (well, not quite so dramatic) but I feel as though I'm at a crossroads in my life right now and am looking for that pair of red shoes that will stomp out a re-newed path for me.
I am taking our hospital child spokesperson on a shopping spree today (have I mentioned how much I love my job) so comfort, and style, was key. Black dress pants (Reitmans); seafoam top (Banana Republic); knee-high boots (Winners); gold bracelet (Club Monaco); gold earrings (Dynamite); model in picture (Polyvore....not me).
Have a great week fellow bloggers :)
*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment