Tuesday, February 10, 2009

why be normal?



Valentine's Day is Saturday. I don't mind this day...my man hates it because he says there shouldn't only be one day to celebrate the one you love. I agree with that statement but Valentine's Day is a great day to just make that special effort with those you love. Your parents, your siblings, your lover, your friends - heck, we're giving out Valentine's to our coworkers these days. Sometimes, I think it's a cop-out for some people to "boycott" the day. We should tell and show the people we love that we love them everyday - including February 14. I don't want chocolates and stuffed animals but a hug, a kiss and an "I Love You" is the perfect gift for me.

We have a long weekend this weekend - last year the government introduced 'Family Day' so families could spend time together. I love a long weekend in the middle of winter - I don't have any children as of yet so I am looking forward to sleeping-in. That was the first thought I had this morning when I woke up. Monday I get to sleep-in. You know you're tired when...

So, more black today. My black turtleneck (GAP) that I wear once a week, my black pants (Reitmans), a pink belt (Wal-Mart) sitting at my hips and my lovely shoes (Winners). It's kinda chic looking if I say so myself. My hair is in a ponytail and I'm wearing my eyeglasses (Gucci...the only Gucci I'll ever own - well, maybe....there is a doctor's bag I'm looking into saving for...)

*hugs*

1 comment:

  1. Love the bright yellow and pink with the simple black outfit!

    Also, your letter is N - have fun!

    ReplyDelete