Wednesday, February 11, 2009

it's black; it's white...yeah yeah yeah

I decided to stay with a black and white theme for the week since I've rocked it the past 3 days...and tomorrow's top is black and white too! The black pants are from a suit (Reitmans); the black and white jacket major sale score (Le Chateau); black long-sleeve top (GAP); oxford shoes (Winners). I like how the jacket is elbow-length and how the long-sleeve tee extends to my wrists. It's kind of a suited look but not as formal - and still presentable for a cheque presentation I was surprised with this morning so that's a bonus too!

I work in a children's hospital and ADORE my job! Many of my friends work in the government - not a job for me by any stretch of the imagination. One day they were gloating about how they have hour long lunches, and 15 minute breaks whenever they want, and can come and go and make their own hours, etc etc etc I'm not envious in the least. Why don't I care you ask? That same day, our therapeutic hospital clown, Molly Penny, came by my office with her little helpers. There were 6 kids (ages 4 - 10) dressed as mini-clowns and they had brought me a red nose to wear too! No lunch time or break time can ever create the feelings and memories I have from that day...and so many others just like it.

Speaking of feelings...I usually have a Starbucks hazelnut latté or cappuccino to start my day. Yesterday was busy so I didn't have my usual in the morning but got it around 3 pm right before a meeting with my boss. On the way home that day, I had carpooled with some coworkers and chatted their ears off...at one point, I even said 'whoa, I'm talking wayyy too much!' To which they laughed. I went to workout around 6 pm and for the first 15 minutes was fine and then all of a sudden, my energy levels just crashed! I didn't think I could finish the 45 minute cardio session...I made it through but attributed the crash and burn feeling to the latté. Last time I do that....and now, I'm off to grab my morning one! :)

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment