Thursday, February 5, 2009

True blue baby, I love you

Navy and Black. For years I hated this combination. Then I started seeing it in magazines, and fashion shows and people mixing the two with great gusto so I tried it too. It works really well when you can see a difference in the colours.

The jacket I'm wearing is actually more of a denim and has a belted waist. But the general idea of my outift is posted in the pic above. My pants are fitting great right now. They hang off my body ever so slightly giving a nice leg line and not hugging my derriere. All thanks to toning. I haven't worked out since Monday night so I'm definitely aching to get my groove on tonight! I love the challenge and the sweat. I know it's kinda weird but once I make it through the 45 minutes, I am so proud of myself. And I'm making a long-term change with lifestyle and eating right and keeping exercise in my life. It's a necessity and turning 31 this year (eek! and hooray!) is keeping me motivated too.

I am taking a break from some of the relationships in my life. There is too much drama with one group of friends. I often find myself ranting about them to my coworkers and on one of these ranting days, I thought to myself that I must sound pretty ridiculous and I probably leave my work comrades wondering why I still hang out with the drama crowd. A question I should be asking myself more often. So, this week I made time to see friends I hadn't connected with in awhile and love the stress-free and mutually respectful relationships I've rekindled.

My wish for all today is to reach out and call/email/visit someone who's been on your mind in the last while. Reconnect. It will do you - and them - a world of good.

*hugs*

1 comment:

  1. Love your outfit on polyvore, when I read your title, I thought you were going to say something about Madonna! It's always great to get in touch with old friends and as far as the drama....sometimes what you need is a break!

    ReplyDelete