Friday, March 12, 2010

showering.






set of oven mitts and pot holders; embroidered kitchen tea towels; glass bowl set; Ottawa Senators baby bib; 3-pack of floating lemon candles (Dollarama)

My goddaughter is pregnant!!

Now before people start to ask how old am I and how old is this goddaughter...my g/d married a Greek Orthodox friend of mine. She wanted to be baptised in our church before marrying him and she chose me to be her godmother. So...they are now expecting!

I am throwing her baby shower with a mutual friend of ours. I LOVE throwing surprise parties. Love it. And right off the bat we decided to make this pretty and chic and not very baby (though there will be some baby touches here and there).

Our theme is lemon and lime with a bit of tangerine (all backed by white). The pics above are some of the prizes we will be giving out and all from the dollar store. Amazing. My friend and I are organizing this lil' shindig with the thoughts of things we like and don't like from going to so many of these showers. So, instead of bath bombs and candles and stuff that I personally never use - we have gotten them some nice gifts instead.
(Disclaimer: It's such a personal thing...I just don't like being gifted any sort of bath or candle product for birthdays, holidays, etc).

Since I'm the sale savvy shopper, I get the task of researching the prices for everything from decorations to cakes to prizing. I love this task. Seriously, shopping needs to be my career.

Have a fantastic weekend!

*hugs*

p.s. the b/f meets my parents tomorrow!!! eek and yay!!

1 comment:

  1. what a cute theme and super cute prizes.

    the bf meets the parents tomorrow?!? i agree ... eek and yay!!! ;-)

    have fun!

    ReplyDelete