Tuesday, June 9, 2009

summer in the rain

white pants (Reitmans); black tunic (Costa Blanca); belt (Suzy Shier); black thong sandals (Winners); turquoise earrings (H&M); turquoise bracelet (H&M)

I feel very rock and roll today. The only part that sucks is wearing white pants and flat sandals and having to walk in the rain to the office...my pants were rolled to my knees to prevent any backsplash. It worked!

My mom sent me out to get her a black lace trimmed tank top last night - I ended up buying 2 maxi-style dresses too. Geez louise, eh? I told myself I will wear them all summer and that they were for Greece. I always looked at those women who wore the maxi dress with envy; thinking I would look like a hippo - shapeless - plus, most are strapless or spaghetti strap which a well-endowed lady like me can't do. One of the ones I bought is halterish in style and the other is a crossover top so they work with a bra! I am super excited to be able to fit in with the crowd. Ha!

I had this conversation with a coworker friend last night. She had given me a compliment and I brushed it off as per usual. Then we started discussing how we are very hard on ourselves. Already Pretty by Sal, a blogger I love to read, often writes these thought provoking and very intuitive pieces about loving oneself simply because you're worth it. I definitely live by this mantra and try to make my friends see the good in them too. Funny thing is I am absolutely hardest on myself. I view myself as cute and at times pretty but never hot or sexy. I save that definition for my hot gal pals. 'Cause that's what they are. My manfriend makes me feel like the prettiest, hottest and sexiest girl around - even after meeting my awesome friends. I know one's self-worth should never be measured by how hot someone thinks you are but not gonna lie...it sure feels really good when someone says they think you are.

Does that make me vain?

*hugs*


No comments:

Post a Comment