Thursday, June 4, 2009

it's my birthday, and i'll cry if i want to...

white pants (Reitmans); silver top (Winners); black and grey cardigan (Forever 21); silver flats (GAP); silver hoops (Laura); silver necklace (birthday present from manfriend!)

Why am I crying on my birthday?? Because everyone is showing me so much love! I truly truly truly feel blessed today. I awoke with a smile on my face and came into work only to receive loving and happy voicemail messages, email messages and even a balloon-o-gram!! I never really celebrate my birthday - ususally because I'm always working it, and they've never been a big deal in our house growing up. Let me tell ya - I was missing out! I just love the love. Love.

I also love my outfit today...I feel very New York chic. You know when you look at someone and they just ooze style out of their pores....well the ideal in my head is a woman walking the streets of New York in a wide-leg trouser and a very monotone colour palette with flats. It just screams chicness and style to me. Plus, being a larger gal, everyone always says to go for the black. Steer clear of light pants. I bought these last year for $15 and have definitely gotten my money's worth out of them! Style knows no bounds, right?

I had a lovely lunch with my beau and we'll be going for ice cream tonight after dinner. He gets to meet my brother and sister...should be fun!

*hugs*


No comments:

Post a Comment