Wednesday, January 27, 2010

jazz hands.


black dress (Banana Republic); grey sweater (Jacob); grey boots (Aldo); tights (Addition Elle & Shoppers Drug Mart); earrings (Laura); necklace (H&M)

This was definitely out of my comfort zone...though I do realize upon looking at the photos that I should have added a belt to the black dress for definition...

Firstly, I have large calf muscles. Yeah, that's how I'll put it...Ha! So, finding a pair of boots that would fit over them was amazing...truthfully, I wasn't looking that hard because I just figured they didn't exist.

Secondly, I also am not very partial to my legs. Yeah, that's mean of me to say about myself...I'm trying to fix that. So, wearing this dress on its own (I usually wear it over a pair of skinny jeans) is quite the feat for me.

Overall, I felt really cute in this outfit! And, that is what matters most...right?

*hugs*

p.s. I totally borrowed the idea of doubling up my tights to get a darker look like leggings...I attribute this idea to many other blogs I've read in the past...sorry that I can't remember who I got the original idea from. Genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment