Tuesday, May 26, 2009

purple - the colour of royalty and Prince

black pants (Reitmans); purple top (Laura); black wrap (GAP); black tank (Dynamite); purple shoes (Le Chateau); silver hoops (gifted); silver ring (?)

I'm in mid-arm-toning season so wearing sleeveless tops doesn't always sit that well with me. Funny thing - I bought 2 sleeveless wrap tops this past weekend. How do I get around this dilemma? In the past I wouldn't have bought them or would have let them sit in my closet. Now, thanks to the fashion blog world, I layer like a pro and have gotten so much more use out of my closet. With the top ensemble I've got sporting today - I found 2 skirts that would look awesome with it - making summer dressing a much easier task than I anticipated.

My favourite season is fall. I love fall clothes - the excitement of back-to-school shopping (even though I'm done school!) Summer has always been the exact opposite. I feel like my pasty white flabby parts are overexposed. I have since learned to love linen and dresses and skirts and pedicures and deal with short sleeves and -gasp- even go sleeveless sometimes! I've especially had to embrace the summer since I'll be in Greece for some of it and it won't be sweater weather.

Tomorrow is one of our Radiothons. It's the local country station that runs it and country music by its very nature is sadder than normal. Even for an upbeat song! So it lends itself well to children's stories. They are long days for me. Up at 3:00 a.m. and in bed around 10:00 p.m....only to do it over again for 3 days. Needless to say, I will be setting up my outfits for the next 3 days tonight. Talk about good preparation!

*hugs*

1 comment:

  1. I am with you - Fall is my favorite season and I look forward to the clothing options available so much more.

    Good luck these next couple of days - sounds crazy!

    ReplyDelete